My preparation days are now thursdays, we have an hour to email. 2nd try, I sent a letter already but it may not have worked. I am in Korea! Im sitting in a Korean library with my new trainer, elder wimmer from Hawaii (but he is white). This morning all of the trainers came but they were not assigned until later at the testimony meeting- at the meeting pres. Burton choose our new companions on the spot through inspiration. Last week I prayed and fasted hard for my trainer and I am seeing the blessings. My trainer was just released as an AP. The current AP who served with him, told me that he is a very special missionary. Other elders told me that he has the best Korean in the mission, and perhaps the best missionary. I'm very blessed! I will learn all I can from him. After the meeting we grabbed my luggage and walked to the subway in the rain. The subway was dead silent – Korean manners. We carried my heavy luggage up many stairs – good thing we had gym in the mtc:) . I love it here! So wonderful. Our area is the richest part of seoul, which makes it the richest part of Asia. It is all urban, like Manhattan but bigger and busier. Millions of people. We have a house that is located on a hill, comparable to san fran but asian style. Its one of the nicest houses in the mission. We sleep on yos (small pads) on the floor. Our house is actually not in our area. Tonight we are blessed to be served thanksgiving dinner by the u.s. military ward. Pres Burton and his wife made me feel like family, actually he was very excited that we are distantly related. Sis Burton’s sister lives in the tomball ward, last name Harrison. I'm extremely impressed by them. The food has been good. Spicy. Yesterday we walked by places where you buy squid and other live fish. After we got off the plane, the AP’s took us on a bus for 2 hrs, it was super hot but I had a great conversation with 28 yr old Korean who spoke ok English and is an aviation engineer for asian airlines. He was my first Korean contact. He lived in Idaho for 2 months with an lds family to learn English. I bore my testimony to him and had him read from the book of mormon. Being catholic he was reluctant. He asked about differences in beliefs. I told him about eternal marriage and explained the apostasy. He said he’d read the book of Mormon that I gave him. Unfortunately I did not get his number. However, I think he lives in my area. Maybe I will see him again What a blessing to have my first conversation go so well. It was 1hr and 45 minutes long. The Lord is at my side as long as I'm humble and trust in him. I hope all is well at home and that you are enjoying Thanksgiving. I would love your cooking mom, but I'm in good hands. I have yet to really feel jetlagged due to the spirit and busy schedule. The Korean people are super polite and loving people. I practiced teaching last night with a convert of a year. His American name is “hansome”. It was cool. My Korean needs lots of work but he understood a lot of my message. I feel so blessed. This country is so exciting and fun. Its another world. I feel that with my trainer the work will begin to boom in our area. The last msisionaries had no investigators but my trainer has found 5 in 3 days. The message of happiness that we share is one that all people need. We will pray and work hard to find those of God’s children who are prepared to receive the fullness of the gospel of jesus Christ. I love you all . I love korea. I feel so happy and excited. This is life!
Elder Britsch
No comments:
Post a Comment